Product Designers at Turn.io work on a bit of everything, but are passionate about the form and function of digital product design. Your day-to-day will include visual design, user experience design and prototyping and you’ll also collaborate on strategy and marketing. But most importantly, every day your design work will be helping us to deliver personalised chat support to vulnerable people globally.
- You are excited about using your skills to have a positive social impact
- You are curious, collaborative, and love an action-orientated, start-up environment.
- You’re a problem solver with an instinct to think through things by making—a craftsperson who sweats the details of building high quality, elegant, and intuitive design based on the people at the center of the experience.
- You have at least 5 years of relevant experience creating concepts and detailed design artifacts for digital products through the combination of user experience, visual design, and prototyping. If you have experience with design research and strategy, content strategy and writing, or creative technology, be sure to mention it.
- Your portfolio proves you can solve a variety of problems for a range of audiences and digital platforms, and nothing looks the same, but it all looks good.
- You have proficiency with a variety of design tools (most importantly Figma) and you aren’t afraid to try new software and teach yourself new tools, digital or not.
- You have a strong command of the English language—written, read, and spoken—and can clearly articulate the rationale behind your design decisions; if you speak additional languages, even better.
- You are passionate about design and seek to expand your knowledge and grow your skills; even if you’ve been doing this for years, you strive to learn.
- Taking ownership of the visual design and user experience design of our product
- Reviewing, providing feedback and collaborating with other designers to ensure we have consistent, high quality design
- Collaborating with the product and partnerships teams and customers to ensure you’re solving design problems in a human-centred, feasible and effective way
- Evangelising design at Turn and collaborating on the company’s design strategy
At Turn.io, we want to make effective support accessible to vulnerable people everywhere so we’re on a mission to encourage and enable social impact organisations to amplify their impact through chat.
Our SaaS chat product makes running a chat support service easy, and we showcase best practice in our active Chat for Impact Community. We support over 200 of the world’s leading social impact organisations including the World Health Organisation, UN Refugee Agency and Sesame Workshop.
We’re a remote team spanning from Colombia to Japan so if you’re comfortable working remotely and are excited about the impact of our work, please apply with your CV and portfolio.